Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H Ryan H is offline

Default Log of each person that saved a file

If you want you could use this and it would ensure the sheet is hidden each
time the workbook is saved.

Dim a_row As Long

With Sheets("Control")
a_row = .Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row + 1
.Range("V" & a_row) = "Last Saved By " & Environ("UserName")
.Range("W" & a_row) = Now
.Visible = xlVeryHidden
End With

Cheers,
Ryan

"Ryan H" wrote:

Sheets("Sheet1").visible =xlVeryHidden

or just Right Click the the sheet tab and select hide.

Note: If you dont want the user to see the worksheet then I would suggest
protecting the workbook with a passord so the user can not unhide your sheets.

Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"QuietMan" wrote:

Thanks,

Is there a way I can hide the sheet so it's not vissable to the users as the
reason I'm doing this is because there arguments about who saved the file last
--
Helping Is always a good thing

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You dont need to select the sheet or cell; instead try the below code..You
can have a separate sheet for logs which can be hidden...

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI _
As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim a_row As Long
a_row = Sheets("Control").Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Sheets("Control").Range("V" & a_row) = "Last Saved By " & Environ("UserName")
Sheets("Control").Range("W" & a_row) = Now

Jacob

"QuietMan" wrote:

Is there a way that I can keep a log of each person that saved a file and the
date and time

I use this code below but the area that the information is stored could be
changed if discovered...any help would be appreciated

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI _
As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Sheets("Control").Range("V19").End(xlDown).Select
a_row = ActiveCell.Row
Sheets("Control").Range("V" & a_row + 1).Value = "Last Saved By " &
Environ("UserName")
Sheets("Control").Range("W" & a_row + 1).Value = Date
Sheets("Control").Range("X" & a_row + 1).Value = Time

Helping Is always a good thing