Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cate cate is offline

Default Newseries; macro to code

On Dec 18, 7:05*pm, p45cal wrote:
cate;591297 Wrote:

Like a lot of stuff I do the macro thing first to get a general idea
of the landscape. *Here I'm up against the limits of my ability.

This has been working just fine for a while

myChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
myChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "='HCLHotBath'!
R75C107:R75C250"
myChart.SeriesCollection(2).Name = "B2Alpha"

Now, all of a sudden it bombs on the .Name =, the message is

"Unable to set the Name property of the Series Class"

I have this feeling that SeriesCollection(2) really isn't there. *But,
on the other hand, the values plotted. *I can see it. *I would think
there would be a way to create a series object and THEN add it to the
chart somehow.

(Seems a little flaky to rely on NewSeries returning the "next"
number. *What if someone altered the code above later.)

Thank you.

Assign the new series a variable name, then use that to refer to it:

Code:
--------------------
* * Set NewSeries = mychart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
* NewSeries.Values = "='HCLHotBath'!R75C107: R75C250"
* NewSeries.Name = "B2Alpha"

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: 558
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=163861

Microsoft Office Help

Thank you. One more question. How would you 'tag' this new series.
Say the chart object got passed and I wanted to access this, or other,
speicific series there.