Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default Force input in multiple cells in Excel form

I have tried several different things to make this work and need professional
help. I have an Excel form with several fields (11 all together) that
require user input before it can be or should be allowed to be saved.
The first code I tried, and I was new at this with Excel, was to try
multiple actions like the following (which did not work) Oh, I should say
that it worked for the very first cell but none after that:
If Range("E10").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E10").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("You must enter a value for 'Department Name'")

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange1(ByVal Target As Range)
If Range("E11").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E11").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("You must enter a value for 'Address'")

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange2(ByVal Target As Range)
If Range("E12").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E12").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("You must enter a value for 'Contract Type'")
..
..
..
Then I realized it was not working because I was changing the very name of
the action that made it work "Worksheet_SelectionChange" so I tried nesting
the If statements, which also did not work:

If Excel.ActiveCell = E10 Then
If Range("E10").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E10").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter a Department Name")
End If
Else
If Excel.ActiveCell = E11 Then
If Range("E11").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E11").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter an Address")

End If

Else
If Excel.ActiveCell = E12 Then
If Range("E12").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E12").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter a 'Contract Type'")
End If

Else
If Excel.ActiveCell = E13 Then
If Range("E12").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E12").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter a 'Contract Document Type'")
End If

Else
If Excel.ActiveCell = E14 Then
If Range("E12").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E12").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter a Contractor")
End If

Else
If Excel.ActiveCell = E15 Then
If Range("E12").Value = "" Then
On Error Resume Next
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E12").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
MsgBox ("Please enter a Contractor Address")
End If
..
..
..
Ok, so I thought I need to simplify this and went to a Select Case
statement, which of course also does not work:
Private Sub Contract_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Select Case Excel.Range
Case "E10" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter enter a Department Name"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E11" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter an Address"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E12" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a 'Contract Type'"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E13" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a 'Contract Document Type'"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E14" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Contractor"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E15" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Contractor Address"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "E17" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Project Title"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "O10" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Contact Name"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "O11" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Telephone Number"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "A23" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Summary"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
Case "A44" = ""
MsgBox "Please enter a Request for Action Description"
Cancel = True 'cancels the save event
End Select
End Sub

I am hoping that someone has seen or done something like this and can tell
me that this is possible. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you in advance,
Al