Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman[_2_] Mike Fogleman[_2_] is offline

Default MsgBox with information on selected cells

To further warn of non-contiguous or more than 1 column:

Sub message1()
If Selection.Areas.Count 1 Then
MsgBox "Selection is non-contigous"
Exit Sub
ElseIf Selection.Columns.Count 1 Then
MsgBox "More than 1 column selected"
Exit Sub
Else
MsgBox Selection.Count & " cells from " _
& Selection.Cells(1, 1).Address(False, False)

Mike F
"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Patrick, suppose you started in A13 and selected upwards to A2, your code
would show A13 as the uppermost cell. Try this modification:

Sub message1()
MsgBox Selection.Count & " cells from " & Selection.Cells(1,
1).Address(False, False)
End Sub

Mike F
"Patrick Molloy" wrote in message

Sub message1()

MsgBox Selection.Count & " cells from " & ActiveCell.Address(False,
False)

End Sub

"andreashermle" wrote in message
Dear Experts:

I would like to have a macro that shows me ...

the number of selected cells in a column (contiguous range) and ...
the cell reference of the upper most cell selected.

Example: Range selected: A2:A13 (only selections in one column, no
selections spanning 2 or more columns)

The macro is to inform in a MsgBox as follows:

12 cells selected, starting in A2

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas