Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default MsgBox with information on selected cells

Yet another way, to cater for possibility of a multi area selection

Sub test()
Dim i As Long
Dim sMsg
Dim rng As Range

Set rng = Selection

With rng.Areas(1)
sMsg = .Count & " cell(s) " & .Address(0, 0)
End With
For i = 2 To rng.Areas.Count
With rng.Areas(i)
sMsg = sMsg & vbCr & .Count & " cell(s) " & .Address(0, 0)
End With
Next

MsgBox sMsg

Peter T

"andreashermle" wrote in message
Dear Experts:

I would like to have a macro that shows me ...

the number of selected cells in a column (contiguous range) and ...
the cell reference of the upper most cell selected.

Example: Range selected: A2:A13 (only selections in one column, no
selections spanning 2 or more columns)

The macro is to inform in a MsgBox as follows:

12 cells selected, starting in A2

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas