Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default MsgBox with information on selected cells

Hi Andreas -

Here's one way:

MsgBox Selection.Cells.Count & " cells selected, starting in " & _
Selection.Cells(1, 1).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)

----
Jay

"andreashermle" wrote:

Dear Experts:

I would like to have a macro that shows me ...

the number of selected cells in a column (contiguous range) and ...
the cell reference of the upper most cell selected.

Example: Range selected: A2:A13 (only selections in one column, no
selections spanning 2 or more columns)

The macro is to inform in a MsgBox as follows:

12 cells selected, starting in A2

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas
.