Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Macro can not unprotect a sheet in a shared workbook

I have a spreadsheet that is shared by our work group. It has a macro that
reads cells on the DataEntry tab and writes to LogSheet tab. The LogSheet
tab is protected with a password, so the macro unprotects, writes, then
reprotects. This works just fine but when the workbook is shared the macro
can not unprotect the sheet. Does anyone know why a macro can not unprotect
a sheet in a shared workbook? I think this is Excel 2003 in Windows XP, but
some of the stations might be Excel 97 on Win 2000, which might be the root
of this problem.