Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars Klintholm Lars Klintholm is offline

Default Using TEXT function in VBA

myDate = Format(Sheets("Data").Cells(1, 1).Value, "mmmm")

Regards
Lars Klintholm

On 17-12-2009 Domenick wrote:

I need to read a certain cell containing a date from a specific worksheet and
extract the long month name for my macro.

The Excel function would be =TEXT(Data!C9,"mmmm").

I have figured out how to write it in VBA if I am just interested in getting
cell and not specifying the specific worksheet:

Dim myDate as String
myDate = Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(C9,"mmmm")

How do I specify that I want C9 from a specific worksheet? I have been
successful with the following code:

myDate =
Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(Worksheets("Dat a").Cells(9,3),"mmmm")

Is there a more eloquent way of doing this? It seems awkward. Thanks for the
help.