Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
laavista laavista is offline

Default In VBA, check if file is corrupt or not Excel

I've tried checking for an error code each time I open a file, but the user
gets an error message from Excel and it stops the program.

Any suggestions?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi laavista

You can loop through only the excel files and if it can't open the file skip it

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"laavista" wrote in message ...
I'm using Excel 2003.

Using VBA, I am looping through a number of excel files, extracting data
from each, and writing that data into another excel spreadsheet.

Occasionally, there is a Word document in the directory, and once there was
a corrupt Excel spreadsheet.

How do I check if the excel file that I'm trying to open is corrupt or not
in an Excel format?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

.