Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal Robert Crandal is offline

Default Data validation on a custom format

Hmmm, that isnt exactly what I wanted because my data is
not for specifying a time on a clock. My custom format
is used for specifying time durations in hours and
minutes elapsed. So, for example, the following data values
are valid:

00:33 ' 0 hrs & 33 minutes
1:00 ' 1 hr & 0 minutes
250:12 ' 250 hrs & 12 minutes

I would just like to be able to prevent users from entering
data that is different than the above examples. For example,
here are a few invalid data types:

00:::33 ' too many colons
0a:22 ' contains alpha chars
12:11123 ' too many minutes?
etc. etc.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
There's an option in the Data|Validation|Settings tab
that you can set for Time.

It sounds like you want something between 00:00:00 and 9:59:59

Your formatting will hide any seconds that the user enters.

Hi again everyone....

I am currently using the following custom format:

[h]:mm