Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prompt to enter a macro name?

The code you posted is not a macro (macros are Sub's that do not have any
arguments)... what you posted is know as event code and is meant to be run
automatically by Excel when the triggering event occurs (in the case of your
code, when a value changes on the worksheet whose worksheet code window it
is in. Exactly what were you expecting this code to do for you?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"andreashermle" wrote in message
Dear Experts:

Whenever I run this macro a dialog field pops up asking me to enter a
macro name. Why is this so?

Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)

If Len(Range("E4")) < 32 And Range("E4") < "" Then
ActiveSheet.Name = Range("E4").Value