Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H Ryan H is offline

Default Conditional formatting in text boxes

Correction,

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To 60
With Me.Controls("Textbox" & i)

' bold or unbold font
.Font.Bold = Not Cells(i, "B").Text = ""

' change font color
.BackColor = 255

' change font name
.Font.Name = "Tahoma"
End With
Next i

End Sub

Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

Dear Jacob,

Thankyou for the code - it works very nicely.

I was able to modify it for my purposes relatively easily. Apologies for
not including the code I am using.

I have a question - how does one change other text attributes using this
code? for example if I want to change the the color to red or even change the
font?

Best regards,

Roger

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You should have posted your code..Within your loop add a line something like
the below..

Dim intCount as Integer
For intCount = 1 To 60
Me.Controls("Textbox" & intCount).Font.Bold = _
Not (Range("A" & intCount).Offset(, 1).Text = "")
Next

--
Jacob

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

I have textboxes on a userform.

The text boxes read (and write) to cells A1:A60

Adjacent to these cells I have a comments column which is filled in for
particular rows

Depending on whether the adjacent cell in column B has an entry, is there a
way to make the textboxes change their font attributes? For example, become
BOLD when there is a comment.

Can anyone help?