Linny

Thanks for the information. I believe we have already tried this but we'll
give it another try!
--
Linny

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Linny,

Rt-click on the column heading of the row field, select "Field Settings", then click "Advanced" and
change the Autosort options from manual to Axcending (or descending).

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Linny" wrote in message
We are using Excel 2002.
We have created a Pivot that contains a column with dates: 9/21/05.
When the Pivot Table is created, it groups by a field name called Defect
Description but it willnot Sort the by Dates. We have tried using "Data",
"Sort", but it won't work.
We found info on the Knowlegde Base about manually setting the AutoSort
field but we can't make it work. We have even sorted the original data
worksheet but when the Pivot Table generates, the dates are "scrambled" out
of order.
Any ideas?
I hope someone can help us! Thanks.
Linny