Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OkieViking OkieViking is offline

Default verify latest version

I have written a macro file I will share with a number of people in my
office. I will likely update this file from time to time. I want to add a
code into the program such that it verifies it is the latest version. My
thought was to keep the latest version on the server (that everyone has
access to), and then have the program compare itself to the file on the
server whenever it is opened. I will then add a message box if the file is
no the latest and greatest.

What is the best way of making the comparison (preferably without opening,
or enabling, the macros in the file on the server)?