Peter

Happen to come across this today...
http://www.add-ins.com/name_splitter.htm
Is it what you're looking for?

--
Peter
London, UK

"Peter" wrote:

You can try =Left(x,x) and =right. These split out the left hand or right
hand characters. You can try different combos of these to get the columns
split. A bit of manual tidying may be required to finish off.
--
Peter
London, UK

"Lowell" wrote:

consisting of single cell names (first <could be initials, Middle, Last, and
a sufix <Sr. Jr. IV, etc.). What I have been trying to do is to separate
the names into two columns,

A (Separate to) B

A1 A Francisco Madrigal A Francisco Madrigal
A2 A J Benning A J Benning
A3 Aaron Isaac Laine Aaron Isaac Laine
A4 Abraham A. Abreu Sr Abraham A. Abreu Sr

I have tried making several formulas but so far I have not been able to get
the separated into the two columms.

--
Lowell Shoaf
Realtor