Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Martin[_2_] Paul Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Edit Links in Excel 2007

Hi all

I've converted a large file from XL03 to XL07 and have a recurring
problem with "Edit Links" on startup. When I open the workbook, I get
a message "This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be
updated". When I click on "Edit Links", the Source is the first
worksheet and the status is "Error: Source not found".

I've tried to Change Source to the current workbook and also I've
tried Break Link. Both of these appear to work, but when I save,
close and reopen the workbook, the problem returns. Strangely,
though, it's sporadic and doesn't occur every time I open the
workbook.

The supposed link is to a non-existent workbook with the name of the
first sheet, eg "Sheet1.xls" so obviously something has gone awry. I
cannot find "Sheet1.xls" (not its real name) in any formulae, the list
of names nor in the chart on the sheet. I've looked through the chart
series and labels, all to no avail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin