Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stefi[_2_] Stefi[_2_] is offline

Default converting numbers to date format

On dec. 14, 13:22, "GC" wrote:
Hello,
I have 3 columns in a worksheet that contain a number that represents the
date and the other column has a number that represents the month and the
last is the year as a single digit. (A2=14, B2=12, C2=9) The 3 columns are
formated number with 0 decimal. I have a 4th column that is formated date..
(3/14/01). In this 4th column i have *=B2 & "/" & A2 & "/" & C2. The result
is 14/12/9 and does not seem to be a date format. I suspect it is a string.
What do I have to do to convert this to date?

Cheers!

Try
=DATEVALUE(B2 & "/" & A2 & "/" & C2)
Regards,