Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Paul is offline

Default workbook directory where is it?

Could you leave the file open and look at File Properties ?

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello I want to keep track of the people who open a workbook. I added
the following code to the workbook module
this is what I did it
right clicked on the worksheet
view code
selected insert module
this is the code , that I copied from a book
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "\usage.log" For Append As #1
Print #1, Application.UserName, Now
Close #1
End Sub

I made a change to the file and saved the file . then I opened the file
again but I do not know how to view the usage log.

The instructions tell me that the file is stored in the workbook's
directory, and it is named usage.log.
How do I access the workbooks directory.

thanks