Anne Troy

If it defaults to design mode, it's cause they have macro security set to
high (which is too high). Must be medium (recommended) or low.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Paul" wrote in message
Hello,

I have an excel file that I'm distributing to other users and they have a
problem where excel defaults to design mode when they open the file, this
causes them have problems like selecting the textbox object rather then
putting the curser in the box. they do not know how to exit design mode on
their own.

I want to put some code in the workbook_open event that will check if
they're in design mode and exit if necessary, but I can't find the right
command. Any body know what it is?

Paul