Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MichaelDavid MichaelDavid is offline

Default Range object does not support paste method

Greetings:
The data I need is left on the clipboard by the DigitizeIt program. I
need to paste it to the worksheet. Fortunately, I think the book Excel 2007
VBA Programmer's Reference gives the answer.
Using the example on page 25, with the data to be pasted on the clipboard,
we can do:
ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Range("AJ8"). I will be trying it out later
today.
--
May you have a most blessed day!

Sincerely,
--
May you have a most blessed day!

Sincerely,

Michael Fitzpatrick

"Rob van Gelder" wrote:

Marcus asnwered it, but I'll also add that it's good practise to avoid using the clipboard, unless absolutely needed.
In my view, the clipboard belongs to the user, not the macro.

On 12-Dec-2009 20:44, MichaelDavid wrote:
Greetings! Does anyone know why

Range("AJ8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

works, but

Range("AJ8").Paste

gives the error message:

"Run-time error '438':
Object Doesn't support this property or method!

and is there anyway of accomplishing this with one instruction rather than 2
instructions. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

.