Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default xlsm SaveAs xls

Otto

Using.......................

Sub saver()
Dim Wbname As String
Wbname = "Anything"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
ThePath & "\" & Wbname & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8
End Sub

Anything.xls winds up in C:\

Maybe change ThePath to ActiveWorkbook.Path

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:42:24 -0500, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:

Excel 2007 Win 7 64-bit
With VBA I'm trying to save an xlsm file as an xls file. It didn't work.
That is, after saving, the xls file does not exist and the active file is
the starting xlsm file.
I recorded a macro as I did the SaveAs and got the code (after modifying the
recorded code):
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
ThePath & "\" & WbName & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8
where WbName is "Anything".
Again, the active file is the xlsm file and the Anything.xls file does not
exist.
How do I code this? Thanks for your time. Otto