Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
B Lynn B B Lynn B is offline

Default Date Format

A formula will do the trick. In row 2 of your new column, the formula would
be:
=TEXT(z2,"mmm")

Copy said formula down the length of your table.

"Doug" wrote:

I have been using the following macro to change "20100205" into a date format.
Now I am also needing to change "10" to a date format so that I can have it
show "Oct" in a given field. How can I do this?

Sub DateFormat()

Range("z2:z1000").Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("z2"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
:=Array(1, 5), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True
Thank you!