Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default 90 day reminder

Hi,

One way is to write the date of the last price check in a cell and on
workbook_open check if it is more than 90 days ago and if it is give the
warning and update the date in the cell. This uses A1 of sheet 1 but in
practice you could put it out of the way

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
lastchecked = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
If DateDiff("d", lastchecked, Now) = 90 Then
MsgBox "Check prices"
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = Now

Mike

"Doug" wrote:

I have a workbook with a "cover sheet" and a calculations sheet for quoting.
There are cells for pricing materials. I have been asked if there is someway
to create a reminder that would come up every 90 days to check the
materials/component pricing. I'm sure there is a way to do it but it is way
beyond my abilities. If someone could help I sure would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance!