Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dee Sperling[_2_] Dee Sperling[_2_] is offline

Default Trying to convert text to number

I'm trying to convert all numbers in Column H from text to number. Some
numbers are text (with an apostrophe at the beginning) and some are just
plain number.
If I put a 1 in an empty cell and manual do a Copy/Paste Special/Multiply,
it works.

This is what I wrote:
Sub ConvertPINtoNum()
Range("H2").Select
RowCount = 2
Do While Range("F" & (RowCount)) < ""
Range("H" & (RowCount)) = ("H" & (RowCount)) * 1
RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop
End Sub

I'm getting a type mismatch error on the line
Range("H" & (RowCount)) = ("H" & (RowCount)) * 1
I also tried
but I'm getting a type mismatch error on the line
Range("H" & (RowCount)) = ("H" & (RowCount)) * 1
but that gave me the type mismatch error as well.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dee