Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alain-79 Alain-79 is offline

Default How to Connect a network Drive

I know I can do that but the problem is that up to now I have not kept the
absolute path starting with \\server\...

I have just made a list of potential path that could be used but those path
are just kept whith their Network Drive letter, not with their full path...
And then when then Network Drive my users will like to use is not connected I
have no way up to now to provoce the re-connection, not no way to recover the
full path... except if this last one would be available somewhere like in a
Registry key...

The unique solution I can imagine at the moment is to keep a memo of the
full path in // to the logical path at the time it is entered in my list...
Then I will be able to reconnect it using net use or any other possible
function for that task...

Thanks for your input
Alain

PS regarding your code proposal
thanks to remember I cannot access the full path
mine is a follow

set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set objFolder = GetFolder(Z:\SharedFolder)
Z is here a map drive I created through Explorer

the <<set objFolder code line produces an error if the Network Drive is
not connected which is systematically the case just after login...
If you go to the explorer and click inside the Z drive = it open it
Then the same code lines will not produce any errors...