Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Macro filter multiple criterea

Have you ever seen this tool?
http://www.mediafire.com/?5tmfjngnymz

Type some criteria in row 1 and the tool will auto-filter. That may give
you some ideas.

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could add another helper column that contains a formula that evaluates to
true/false. Then filter on that column.

The formula could be as simple as something like:

=or(a2="hi",a2="bye",a2="there")
or this equivalent:
=or(a2={"hi","bye","there"})

Or it could be as complex as you need.

Or you could learn about advanced filtering and criteria ranges.

I'd start at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

TooN wrote:

Hello,

I've been searching the forum for a while but i cant find a right solution.
I have this macro:

Sub filter()

Sheets("KAM").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:="=ANLAGE", Operator:=xlOr, _
Criteria2:="=PE", Operator:=xlOr, _
Criteria3:="=ED03"
End Sub

I would like to have a macro that filters multiple criterea (e.g. "ANLAGE",
"PE", "ED03"... etc) The first two was no problem but when i wanted to add a
third one and a fourth one it gives an error.

In the end i would like to have two buttons that are attached to the macro.
When clicking the button it show different filtered lists

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
.