Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Set workbook name not working

Hi

I am unable to recreate an error..The code looks fine.

Few other points
--Set MalWb = Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Name)
is same as
Set MalWb = ActiveWorkbook

--To re-write your code the below would do. The procedure ReskontroArk takes
the second argument as a workbook object instead of string variable

Private Sub Start_Click()
Call ReskontroArk("Kunder", ActiveWorkbook)
End Sub

Private Sub ReskontroArk(ReskontroType, MalWb As Workbook)
MsgBox MalWb.Name

Jacob

"JayDe" wrote:

Hi

I am trying to set the workbookname in a sub procedure but it is not working.
Her are the part from my code that is not working:

Private Sub Start_Click()

Dim MalWb as workbook
Dim MalTxt as String

Set MalWb = Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Name)
MalTxt = ActiveWorkbook.Name

' Here I have som code to put data into MalWb

Call ReskontroArk("Kunder", MalTxt)

End Sub

Private Sub ReskontroArk(ReskontroType, MalTxt As Variant)

Dim MalWb As Workbook
Set MalWb = Workbooks(MalTxt) ' run time error 1004. Canot find file

End Sub

Can someone see what I have done wrong