Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shon Shon is offline

Default VB Help

Thanks for looking at this. i cannot use advanced filter as I need to keep
duplicates that match the location for the first change in item number and
remove any other duplicates (in my example this means removing record 2345
AA2 which appears twice as this does not match the same location when the
item number changed) also single records that have no duplicates.

This is obviously not straightforward!

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hello Shon,

Try Advanced Filter. (Look up in Help if you don't know how to select
Advanced Filter).

Select all of your data including column headers.
Select Advanced Filter.
Ensure the List range in the Dialog box matches the selected range.
Click Copy to another location.
In the Copy to field Click the button at the end of the field. (Dialog box
changes)
Select just one cell in a clear area of your worksheet for the Copy to
location and then Click the button at the end of the field. (Returns to
original dialog box)
Check the box Unique records only.
Click OK.

OssieMac