Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Flanagan Robert Flanagan is offline

Default How to prevent list item selection

Peter that works by replacing the list with itself. Therefore it is the
same as doing a clear and re-entering the list. I did have to set the
listindex to -1 however. If I did not do so, the selection stayed
highlighted in blue.

One problem with that appraoch is the list scrolls back to the top. I
tested the hide and reshow approach and the list stays as scrolled. This is
of value so it looks like hide and reshow is the approach.

Bob

Try this in the mouseup, and/or maybe in the Exit event if you want to
cater for keyboard use

With Me.ListBox1
.List = .List
End With

Curiosity, Why?

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Flanagan" wrote in message
Ron and JLG, the list box is on a user form. I have the list index set
initially at -1. But the list box is clickable and the user can select
any item. I can trap the mouse up event and change the list index back
to -1, but the item clicked is still blue. Repaint doesn't change the
item to unselected.

The only solution I have found is to set up a Do..Loop and hide and
reshow the form via the mouse up event and a public variable. The mouse
up event sets the variable to reshow and to hide the form. And setting
the listindex back to -1. This just doesn't seem like an elegant
solution <grin.

Bob

"Robert Flanagan" wrote in message
I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I
have a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately
unselect any item that is selected. None of the obvious items I've
tried worked. Any suggestions?