Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default How to prevent list item selection

Try this in the mouseup, and/or maybe in the Exit event if you want to cater
for keyboard use

With Me.ListBox1
.List = .List
End With

Curiosity, Why?

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Flanagan" wrote in message
Ron and JLG, the list box is on a user form. I have the list index set
initially at -1. But the list box is clickable and the user can select
any item. I can trap the mouse up event and change the list index back
to -1, but the item clicked is still blue. Repaint doesn't change the
item to unselected.

The only solution I have found is to set up a Do..Loop and hide and reshow
the form via the mouse up event and a public variable. The mouse up event
sets the variable to reshow and to hide the form. And setting the
listindex back to -1. This just doesn't seem like an elegant solution
<grin.

Bob

"Robert Flanagan" wrote in message
I'm having one of those blond moments (no offense to any blonds). I have
a simple list box to display information. I want to immediately unselect
any item that is selected. None of the obvious items I've tried worked.
Any suggestions?