Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fun with Userforms!!!!

So Peter explains something to you, and you say that that was what you were
trying to say, and then repeat the previous thing you said.

As Peter T said, ThunderDFrame is not a style, but you still call it so.
That is why I asked you waht you thought the code that you gave is doing.

---
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Robert Crandal" wrote in message
Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to explain to everyone.
I should have worded it as follows:

"Peter T has recently enlightened me about a modeless Userform
that stays visible on the desktop even when the Excel app is minimized"!
8)

I was then curious if I could revert the userform back to the original
"style", but apparently that is not possible. My reasoning for doing this
is because I like some of the qualitities of both the original basic
userform style and the "ThunderDFrame" form. Namely, I want
to show a basic userform style when Excel is active, and then I
wanted to use the "ThunderDFrame" class window when Excel is
minimized.

" I have recently discovered " !

I believe I gave you that code in response to your request "to create a
modeless Userform that stays visible somewhere on the desktop even when
the Excel application is minimized on the Taskbar"

Think you are misunderstanding a few things. "ThunderDFrame" is simply
the window classname of a Userform (in Office 2000+). It's not a 'style',
it never changes. It's used simply (with the window caption) to pass to
the API to find the form's window handle. Having got that there are all
sorts of things you can do with a form.

Regards,
Peter T