Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Closing FIle with Command Bar Button Problem

Change the OnAction from MYexit to OnTimeExit

Sub OnTimeExit()
Application.OnTime Now, "MYexit"
End Sub

In passing, you could do simply
ThisWorkbook.Close False

Trust your close event code destroys the toolbar (and creates it again in
the open event)

Regards,
Peter T

"JeffTO" wrote in message
Hi All

I posted this last week with a different title and didnt get any
again:

I am getting a very strange error which I have isolated but I do not
know how to get rid of:

I have a workbook with the following code:

Sub MYexit()
ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
ThisWorkbook.Close
End Sub

When I run the macro directly from the macro with other workbooks open
or closed there is no problem

However...

When I create a toolbar with a single button and assign MYExit to the
button - I get an "Application-defined or object-defined error" ONLY
if other workbooks are open - I do not get this message if there are
no other workbooks open.

So it looks like the problem is being cause by running the macro with
a command button when other workbooks are open - again there is no
code causing this error - I step through all the code no problem and
this error comes up after all the code runs properly - so I am not
sure how to trap it so I can avoid the error message being shown.

Any thoughts would be great

I really appreciate any ideas on this one

Thanks,

Jeff