Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeffTO JeffTO is offline

Default Closing FIle with Command Bar Button Problem

Hi All

I posted this last week with a different title and didnt get any
again:

I am getting a very strange error which I have isolated but I do not
know how to get rid of:

I have a workbook with the following code:

Sub MYexit()
ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
ThisWorkbook.Close
End Sub

When I run the macro directly from the macro with other workbooks open
or closed there is no problem

However...

When I create a toolbar with a single button and assign MYExit to the
button - I get an "Application-defined or object-defined error" ONLY
if other workbooks are open - I do not get this message if there are
no other workbooks open.

So it looks like the problem is being cause by running the macro with
a command button when other workbooks are open - again there is no
code causing this error - I step through all the code no problem and
this error comes up after all the code runs properly - so I am not
sure how to trap it so I can avoid the error message being shown.

Any thoughts would be great

I really appreciate any ideas on this one

Thanks,

Jeff