Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Lloyd[_1289_] Simon Lloyd[_1289_] is offline

Default File Path

If you mean the username as in the windows log in name then yes like
this:

Code:
--------------------
c:\documents and settings\" & Environ("username") & "\help.xls"
--------------------
you can use the application username but this can be chanegd by the user
at will or may not even be in place so your code would fail.

Max2073;579372 Wrote:
Help needed.

I created a macro that was used only by myself, however this macro now
needs
to be used by others.

The macro opens files saved in my c:\documents and settings\max28052\
etc.
The required files have been exported from the corporate database, the
files
are automatically named and saved to the users c:\documents and
settings\"username - of the logged on user"\.

I would like to know if I can change my macro to open the required file
regardless of the logged on user. eg Currently my macro has the full
file
path c:\documents and settings\max28052\help.xls is there any way it
read
c:\documents and settings\"username"\help.xls so that I do not have to
recreate a macro for each individual officer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,