Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Martin[_2_] Paul Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007: getItemLabel not working

Hi guys

Based on Jim Rech's dynamic dropdown in Excel 2007, sourced from Andy
Pope's page on the Ribbon, I'm trying to populate a dropdown at
Workbook open. It doesn't really need to be as dynamic as Jim's
example (updates as the list changes). For some reason I can't seem
to get it to work. This is what I have done:

* In XML, I've defined onLoad to run RibbonOnLoad in VBA.
RibbonOnLoad captures the ribbon as a variable.
* In XML, the dropdown's getItemLabel calls GetDropdownList in VBA
* In VBA RefreshRibbon invalidates the ribbon.
* When I invalidate the ribbon (even when manually running
RefreshRibbon), GetDropdownList is not being called.

Can anyone please suggest what I might be doing wrong or what else I
need to do. From Jim Rech's example, I can't see what's wrong.

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia