Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Seanie Seanie is offline

Default Excel Query of Access Q

I have a Excel code that queries an Access database for various
figures etc. I recently protected this Access database with a
password. I am now getting "Enter Username/Password" dialog box when I
try and refresh the query now.

How can I amend my query to enter the Username/Password when I refresh
my query? I'm not sure what the username is as I haven't set this in
Access, so not sure why it is asking for this. What appears in the
dialog box in the Usernane field is "Admin" NB I have tried entering
the actual password manually in this dialog box, but it doesn't accept
this.

Typically I just "refresh" my query in excel with this line:-

Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

If I got into "Edit Microsoft Query", under the connection string
definition, the following appears, I assume this is where I would have
to enter my password etc (but what is the username??)

DBQ=C:\arsenal\arsenal_be.MDB;DefaultDir=C:\timepo int;Driver=
{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=281;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeou t=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UID=admin;UserCom mitSync=Yes;