Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default summing text boxes but do't include disabled ones??

Hi Rachel,
you are most welcome & thanks for your feedback.
Just in case you have not seen it, I updated your lookup function post.
--
jb

"Rachel" wrote:

John - spot on as always!! thank you.
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions. I never
would be able to work these things out myself!!

"john" wrote:

Rachel,
see if this does what you want:

Private Sub cmdsubtotal_Click()
Dim Ctl As Control
Dim i As Integer
Dim MyTotal As Double

MyTotal = 0

For i = 1 To 8

Set Ctl = Me.Controls("txtprice" & i)

If IsNumeric(Trim(Ctl.Value)) Then

With Ctl

If .Enabled = True Then

MyTotal = _
MyTotal + Trim(Me.Controls("txtprice" & i).Value)

Else

Me.Controls("txtprice" & i).Text = 0

End If

End With

Else

Me.Controls("txtprice" & i).Text = ""

End If

Next i

Me.txtSubTotal.Value = MyTotal

jb

"Rachel" wrote:

Hi again,
I have a command button (cmdsubtotal) which adds 8 text boxes. I got the
following code from a post a few weeks ago and it works perfectly - thank you!

Private Sub cmdsubtotal_Click()

Dim MyTotal As Double
MyTotal = 0
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice5.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice6.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice7.Value)
End If
If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value)) Then
MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice8.Value)
End If

Me.txtSubTotal.Value = MyTotal

End Sub

No I have added some check boxes which disable the corresponding text box
when ticked.
How can I adjust the code above to NOT include the text box value if it has
been disabled?

Thanks in advance :)