Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default xl2k vs xl03 code difference

Thanks Jan Karel, I appreciate that very much.
I'll give it a try ASAP.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Clr,

Hi All.......the following code works fine in xl03 but does not work in xl2k.
Can anyone please tell me if it can be modified to work in xl2k?

I think the FileDialog thingy was introduced with Excel XP.

You can use something like this on any Excel version as of '97:

Sub GetOpenFileNameExample()
Dim lCount As Long
Dim vFilename As Variant
Dim sPath As String
Dim lFilecount As Long
sPath = "c:\windows\temp\"
ChDrive sPath
ChDir sPath
vFilename = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
"Microsoft Excel files (*.xls),*.xls", , _
"Please select the file(s) to open", , False)
If TypeName(vFilename) = "Boolean" Then Exit Sub
Workbooks.Open cstr(vFilename)

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

.