Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default vlookup: file moved or new one. keep cache

=indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
or
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

===
If you have trouble getting to the site, then search google for indirect.ext.

I found this alternative site:
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

I didn't look to see if it was the most current version.

I'd check the original site every so often to see if it's working.

joel wrote:

You can use indirect to make the workbook a parameter which you can put
into cell A1. then you only have to change the book name in cell A1 and
all the formulas will automatically reference the new workbook.

From

=VLOOKUP(K29;'C:\Data.xls]Data'!$A$5:$Z$568;12;FALSE)

Cell A1 : C:\Data.xls
=VLOOKUP(K29;indirect(A1&"Data!$A$5:$Z$568";12;FAL SE)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Microsoft Office Help