Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger on Excel Roger on Excel is offline

Default putting a picture onto a userform without using the vba window.

Dear Peter,

The steps are as follows

1) User creates chemical structure picture in ChemDraw
2) user draws a selection box around structure and presses ctrlC
3) user opens excel file
4) user activates form
5)user pastes (ctrlV) structure into some sort of dialog box/text box/other
control?? on the form- such a control may not exist
6) Excel appends the copied image as a picture onto another predefined user
form (or the same form)
7) when user opens the predefined userform the pasted image appears on the
form

Not sure if I can describe this any other way apart from the fact that my
spreadsheet is effectively run using user forms with data displayed on
userforms. I am trying to get away from the uder having to paste pictures
directly into the sheets themselves since the spreadsheet is driven by
userforms

Best regards,

Roger

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

I have userforms which I activate to show text information.

I would like to be able to paste a picture from the clipboard onto an opened
userform so that there is a picture as well as text.

The picture would be a copied picture from the web or a copied wmf from
another application

Traditionally the way to do this is through the vba window by using the
image control and navigating it to a saved image or alternatively pasting the
image into the picture line of the Image Properties box.

This is too complicated for a user of my spreadsheet to do so I am looking
for alternative way of pasting an image so that it becomes attached to a
userform and shows when the user opens the form.

Can anyone help?