Thierry

Default 2 queries: Display last cell, and compare two lists

I have two items I would like some help on, to try and create suitable
functions.

1. I have data in a worksheet (10 columns and approx 5000 rows). I would
like to be able to find the last cell with valid data (this is not always row
5000), and then display that cell contents, which will be in the format of a
time, in a cell in another worksheet.

2. In the same worksheet, I have a column containing approx 5000 alarm
entries, and which is typically multiple occurences of around 10 different
alarm types. What I would like to do, is be able to compare that data against
a list of defined alarm types (conatined in either a list or range of cells)
and if possible display any exceptions, which are not in the known list, in
another cell.

If possible I would like to avoid use of VB
Thanks in advance