Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default display dots inside a cell in graph form but without Excel gra

Depends how complex this dots pattern is and what it represents, you can use
symbols such as —¦™¦—‹——˜—™˜º

Dan

"Tim Williams" wrote:

You could just use shapes, but whatever you use they will not be "in" the
cell, which means you always have to be careful to reposition them if the
end-user (eg) sorts the data.

Tim

"Rich" wrote in message
I got a request from a user to display dots like a trend graph -- in a cell
adjacent to another cell in a row - for each of several rows. The dots
don't
vary too much, and I was thinking I could draw these dots on VBA label
controls and place these labels in the cell for each row. Actually, I'm
not
sure if I could draw dots inside of a VBA label control. My other
alternative would be to create a custom label in .Net an add that as a
custom
control to Excel. Is there something simpler I could do within Excel
before
I go crazy with .Net on this?

Thanks,
Rich