Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams[_2_] Tim Williams[_2_] is offline

Default display dots inside a cell in graph form but without Excel graph?

You could just use shapes, but whatever you use they will not be "in" the
cell, which means you always have to be careful to reposition them if the
end-user (eg) sorts the data.

Tim

"Rich" wrote in message
I got a request from a user to display dots like a trend graph -- in a cell
adjacent to another cell in a row - for each of several rows. The dots
don't
vary too much, and I was thinking I could draw these dots on VBA label
controls and place these labels in the cell for each row. Actually, I'm
not
sure if I could draw dots inside of a VBA label control. My other
alternative would be to create a custom label in .Net an add that as a
custom
control to Excel. Is there something simpler I could do within Excel
before
I go crazy with .Net on this?

Thanks,
Rich