Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default I need a Magnifier for electronic maps

I have this code for google maps that I did a few weeks ago that actually
extracts the distance between tow zipcodes. I think you will recoognize one
of the zip codes. I'm going to look at the NYC maps next. I will then
modify the google code to work with an address instead of zipcode. I will
work with 50 Rockefeller Center

Sub FindDistance()

Const READYSTATE_COMPLETE = 4

URL = "http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl"

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
ie.Visible = True

ie.Navigate URL

Do While ie.readyState < 4 Or ie.busy = True
DoEvents
Loop

Set StartLocation = ie.document.getelementbyid("d_d")

StartLocation.innertext = "07508"

Set EndLocation = ie.document.getelementbyid("d_daddr")
EndLocation.innertext = "10001"

Set submit = ie.document.getelementbyid("d_sub")
'submit.Select
submit.Form.submit

Do While ie.readyState < 4 Or ie.busy = True
DoEvents
Loop

Call Dump(ie.document)

Set distance = ie.document.getelementbyid("dditd")
MsgBox (distance.innertext)

Set ie = Nothing

End Sub
Sub Dump(document As Variant)
With Sheets("Dump")
.Cells.ClearContents
RowCount = 1
For Each itm In document.all

.Range("A" & RowCount) = itm.tagname
.Range("B" & RowCount) = itm.classname
.Range("C" & RowCount) = itm.ID
.Range("D" & RowCount) = Left(itm.innertext, 1024)

RowCount = RowCount + 1
Next itm
End With
End Sub

"Dan Tabla" wrote:

Hi everyone,
I work in a mapping departament and every job I have to map I need to check
with maps.google.com and http://gis.nyc.gov/doitt/nycitymap.
I would realy appreciate if you can help me, I want to have a form where to
introduce an address that GoogleMaps and NYCITYMAP will open simultaneously.
That software will save me a lot of time.
Does anyone has an idea where I can get a free software that mangifies the
text.(Windows Magnifier loses details if you zoom 2x)
PS. I'm not alouded to install any software at work, that's why I think a
script will be more appropriate.

Thank you so much!