Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
p45cal[_176_] p45cal[_176_] is offline

Default Loop Macro

Mikey;551139 Wrote:
I created a simple Macro to Find and then delete certain rows.

Cells.Find(What:="Page", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt
_
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
ActiveCell.Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

End Sub

I them wanted to make this macro loop through the column until all
instances
of Page were deleted. So I added Do Until ActiveCell.Value = " " at
the
beginning and Loop before the End Sub. It removed all the rows but a
run-time
error '91' appeared that stated Object variable or with block variable
not
set. How do I correct my loop statement to run correctly?

Do
Set xx = Cells.Find(What:="Page", LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart,
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
If Not xx Is Nothing Then xx.EntireRow.Delete
Loop Until xx Is Nothing
Note that this code and yours does't restrict itself to
just searching a column, but the whole sheet.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558