Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Warthen[_2_] Ken Warthen[_2_] is offline

Default Slow loading workbook

I've been asked to overhaul a workbook of some fifty worksheets with dozens
of macros and a messy user interface. I plan to convert the macros, which
appear to have been created using the macro recorder, to VBA code, implement
named and dynamic ranges wherever applicable and redesign the interface into
something more visually appealing as well as functional. The biggest problem
from a user standpoint is the workbook takes more than a minute to open.
That's pretty much unaccepatble, but I'm not really sure of what can be done
to significantly improve the load time. Any help, direction, or suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.

Ken