Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mrt mrt is offline

Default Detecting selection before click

The problem of form buttons is that you cannot control many things such as
background color.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you use a Forms button rather than a Controls button:

Sub WhoGotClicked()
MsgBox (Selection.Name)
End Sub

will tell you which Shape got clicked.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"MrT" wrote:

Well, I've just found the answer: you need to set the TakeTheFocus property
to false ...

"MrT" wrote:

Hello,
On a sheet, I have two shapes (say two Ovals) and an ActiveX button. Let's
select one of the two shapes. I want to know when I click on the button, what
shape was selected before the button got activated. I could not find an
answer after searching for a while as there no event such as beforeclick.
Thanks in advance for any help,
MrT