Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
thisisraymond thisisraymond is offline

Default Conditional formatting - not equal to cell above

David Biddulph wrote on 10/30/2009 07:34 ET :
In that case you would need "Formula is", not "Cell value
is"

The "Cell value is" not equal to =T6 would sound OK to me, but if you
say it
is copying down as an absolute value, check that Excel hasn't either put
quote marks around your expression to make it a text string, or added dollar
signs to make the address absolute.
David Biddulph

"muddan madhu" wrote in message
Select the range

Goto format menu | conditional formatting | =T6<T5

On Oct 30, 4:45 pm, Barbara Wiseman wrote:
I am trying to colour a cell if it is not equal to the cell above.
I have tried cell value is, not equal to, =t6. But this just copies
down as an absolute value, I need it to be dynamic so each cell is
compared with the one above.
I am sorry for such a basic question, I am not good at all with
conditional formatting!
This is on excel 2003.

Barbara

I am having a problem with this formula if the cells are dates. Any
suggestions?