Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help replace string within another string

But what did you want replaced? You gave us two "replacement" numbers and
there appear to be four <scale values to replace. How is that supposed to
work? Did you only want the first two of the four <scale values replaced,
or are we supposed to replace the first <scale value and all other <scale
values with that number in it with the first "replacement" number and
similarly for the second <scale value?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Ayo" wrote in message
The first combination are the 0.5s inside "<Style id=""normal_MS_Actaul""
and the other arev 0.7s inside the "<Style id=""normal_MS_Projected""
tag.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

You are going to have to clarify something for us. You say there are two
<scale...</scale combinations in the text, but I count four of them....
two with 0.5 between them and two with 0.7 between them. Please explain.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Ayo" wrote in message
I want to replace <scale0.5</scale and <scale0.7</scale in the
string
of
text belong. This string is in a cell. i only need to change the 0.5
and
the
0.7. The point is I don't know what the value between <scale </scale,
will
be. I just want to change them.
But there are two <scale </scale in the cell. I need to be able to
differentiate between the first one and the second one. I need to
figure
out
a way such that when I get the 2 values, i.e, 1.0 and 1.2, that I am
going
replace the old values with, I want to select the cell that contain the
string below and replace in the first <scale0.5</scale with
<scale1.0</scale and the second <scale0.7</scale with
<scale1.2</scale
I don't know if it is possible to use something like:
Replace("<scale*.*</scale", "*.*", replace[, start[, count[,
compare]]])

"<Style id=""normal_MS_Actaul""
<IconStyle
<colorff7f00ff</color
<scale0.5</scale
<Icon

<hrefhttp://maps.google.com/mapfiles/ms/icons/red-dot.png</href
</Icon
<hotspot x=""0.5"" y=""0""
xunits=""fraction"" yunits=""fraction""/
</IconStyle
<LabelStyle
<scale0.5</scale
</LabelStyle
</Style
<Style id=""highlight_MS_Actaul""
<IconStyle
<colorff7f00ff</color
<scale0.7</scale
<Icon

<hrefhttp://maps.google.com/mapfiles/ms/icons/red-dot.png</href
</Icon
<hotspot x=""0.7"" y=""0""
xunits=""fraction"" yunits=""fraction""/
</IconStyle
<LabelStyle
<scale0.7</scale
</LabelStyle