Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Windows Script Host in Excel VBA

I remember when this kind of scripting came out.

Our IT folks disabled them from running. They were afraid of security/malware
problems.

Maybe your user disabled scripting?

Can you run a .vbs file by double clicking on it?

jasontferrell wrote:

This is not technically an Excel object, but I'm having a problem with
it within a workbook. I have some code that calls the
FileSystemObject in a workbook that works fine on my machine, but does
not work on a colleague's machine, which appears to be identical (same
OS, Excel Version 2003).
The code fails on a line like this:
Set fso=New FileSystemObject
or set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
The error is Automation Error The specified module could not be found.
If I go to Tools-References on the problem machine, it doesn't show
any missing referenced files. Also, if I go to the Object Browser and
search for filesystemobject, it finds it. Intellisense similarly can
look up the object. However, I get this error indicating that it
cannot find the FileSystemObject. What should I try next?

--

Dave Peterson